Best Affordable Ebike Rack
As ebike reviewers, Damian and I are constantly shuttling ebikes back and forth from our homes to various filming locations. Very early on he outfitted his Tacoma pickup truck with a Thule T2 Pro ebike rack and for most of the past two years we’ve relied on his truck to transport our ebikes. Recently, I acquired a Toyota Sienna minivan, which is the ideal vehicle for me and my family. We’ve taken it on several long trips and my girls just love the new car!
Needless to say, it was time for me to pull my own weight and buy an ebike rack of my own. But which one?
In my search for an ebike rack for our Sienna minivan, we needed one that would be cost-effective, dependable, and able to hold two different types of bikes- both cargo and fat tire ebikes. Ebikes are typically a lot heavier than traditional bikes because they usually have beefier tires, sturdier, reinforced frames and additional accessories like cargo racks and front baskets. Standard bike racks arent designed to support ebikes so this narrowed down our options.
The solution? The Hollywood Sport Rider Rack. In this post I’ll tell you where you can purchase one, why we decided on this particular ebike rack and the pros and cons of owning one.
How and Where to Purchase a Hollywood Ebike Rack
You can purchase the Hollywood rack directly from the manufacturer, Amazon or ebike companies like Electric Bike Company or Rad Power Bikes. We purchased our Hollywood rack from Electric Bike Company and it was delivered within five days. We also purchased the step-through attachments from Rad Power Bikes. The price of the rack is typically $499.99 no matter where you buy it but occasionally these racks go on sale so keep an eye out. Rad Power Bikes currently has a sale for 25 or 30% off depending on if you buy an ebike (Coupon Code Rack25). By itself the Rack is $375 off until 3/28/23. Shipping will also vary so keep that in mind to find the best deal!
To Buy a Hollywood Ebike Rack from Rad Power Bikes Click Here (Currently 25% Off)
To Buy a Hollywood Ebike Rack from Amazon Click Here
To Buy a Hollywood Ebike Rack from Electric Bike Company Click Here
If you’re buying more than one ebike from the same company, it may make sense to invest in a rack too if they offer one. It’s a big investment but the easier you make it to ride your ebikes the more you’ll want to ride them and the more you’ll appreciate the joys of owning one.
Likes & Dislikes
- What I liked
- Price is $499
- Cargo bikes & fat tire ebikes fit in this rack
- Capable of carrying two heavy ebikes (up to 80 lbs each)
- Security features
- lock for hitch pin, 8-ft. locking cable and locking frame hooks that use one key
- What I didn’t like
- You need an adaptor ($50) for step through frames
- Can be tough to load ebikes if you’re alone
- Assembly required takes about 30-45 mins
- Modular to a fault
- If you have multiple ebikes (3+), get ready for moving attachment pieces each time you use a different ebike.
Overall I’m pretty happy with the Hollywood ebike rack as it was affordable and I feel really secure loading our ebikes onto it. For the past 3 months, my Hollywood ebike rack has allowed me to get around with ease, greatly expanding my ebike radius. I’m now able to conveniently transport bikes to the shop, if needed, and I really enjoy the added convenience of choosing wherever I want to ride. No longer am I restricted to my small neighborhood, which opens up a lot of possibilities for enjoying the incredible coastal scenery we have here in Central California.
If you own an ebike, I’d highly suggest you look into a Hollywood ebike rack, especially if you own cargo or fat tire ebikes.
Since Damian and I own both the Hollywood ebike rack and the Thule T2 Pro XTR rack we plan on filming a comparison review in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for our comparison article and video where we’ll talk & compare these two popular ebike racks.
Ebike Models We’ve Loaded on our Hollywood Ebike Rack
- Rad Power Bikes RadWagon 4
- Flyer L885 Cargo ebike
- Rad Power Bikes Rad City 4 Plus
- Ride1up Roadster v2
- Ride1up LMT’d
- Aventon Aventure.2
- Aventon Pace 500 Next Gen
- Dirwin Fat Tire Pioneer
- List Price: $499
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 80 lbs per bike)
- Hitch Size: 2” only (Do not use a 1 ¼” -2” hitch adapter)
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 60”
- Minimum wheelbase: 36″
- Maximum tire width: 5”
- Features extra heavy duty wheel holders (Now with ratchet straps and rim protectors), an internally reinforced frame, and an external brace for heavy load carrying capacity
- Includes keyed-alike locking hitch pin, 8’ security cable, and locking frame hooks
- Patented “No-Wobble Hitch System” eliminates slack between the receiver and the rack without the use of tools
- Folds flat against car when not in use
- Tilts down for easy cargo door access
- Space between bikes: 10″
- Now includes two Small Wheel Adapter (SW-ADP-U) for 20″ Fat tire ebike rear wheels, which prevents derailleur hanger interference (You will only need one per bike)
- For step-through bicycles you will need to also purchase a Bike Adapter
- Now includes a red safety strap to help secure the bikes to the central post and to each other
- Rack Weight: 58 lbs.