After riding the KBO Breeze for almost 100 miles, we published our full review of this amazing looking ebike. If you’re looking for an ebike for use as a commuter ebike or to cruise around town for under $1400, the KBO Breeze is a great option. Take a look at our full review and our prior video, which details the unboxing & assembly of this ebike (linked at the end of this article)
Our full review includes three parts: spec review, test ride and final thoughts.
- Removable 48V, 16Ah (768 wh) Lithium-ion Battery with Samsung Cells
- Powerful 900W (peak) 500W (sustained) Brushless Geared Hub Motor
- Shimano 7 Speed Derailleur
- 27.5″ X 2.4″ Panasonic Tires
In addition to the general specs, KBO will gift you various accessories like an integrated rack and fender, both of which are not typically included in the purchase of other commuter ebikes. The KBO Breeze comes with a 2 year warranty, free shipping in the lower 48 states and generous customer support 7 days a week. They even offer phone support which is almost non-existent for bikes in this price point.
- Over 50 miles ridden when this review was published
- Top speed of 32mph (with pedal assist while huffing & puffing going down hill)
- Typical pedal assist speed was around 26/27 mph
- Throttle only speed was actually around 22 mph
- Uphill (while carrying an extra 40 lbs) around 15 mph
- After a 27 mile ride (mostly lower level pedal assist and some throttle) 50% battery left
- Likely will get 45-50 miles with my riding style and weight (I’m about 225 lbs)
- Things we liked
- Affordable and full featured for $1399
- Attractive burnt orange color
- KBO’s gifts, especially the rear rack!
- How easy it was to ride without the motor
- Things we didn’t like
- The front fender
- The right twist throttle
- Pedal assist when going at low speeds
This is a great ebike for under $1400 if you’re looking for a commuter bike or a cruiser to ride around town. The components (including the motor) are in line with other ebikes in this price range but the reason this ebike stands out is its eye-catching color and its above average battery range (768 watt hours).